pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Monday, March 5, 2012

Help me with my newest project: A month of shirts featuring a book or series!

Earlier today as I was getting ready for work, I decided to wear a shirt that features a book on it! Not only did I wear a shirt that supported a book, I also wore my brand new Creatura dog tags!


 (Shirt- Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens/ Dog-tags- Creatura by Nely Cab!)

I've worn it out before and enjoyed having people stare at my shirt and ask me what it was for. Then this morning while chatting with some authors and fellow bloggers a great idea struck me. What if I wore nothing but book shirts for an entire month, take pictures every single day, and then blog about it? Wouldn't that be great? At the end of this great event I'd giveaway some swag from some of the books/series I would be supporting.

I think this is a great way to get word out about the books. After all, a lot of authors have done so much for me, and I figured this would be a great way to give back to you! 

The only problem is, I have only six book shirts, the one above is one of them. This is where I need your help. If you have shirts that feature your book(s)/series for sale, please leave the link. Or, if you would like to give one away, that would be great too. Or even if you know an author that has a store or frequently does shirt giveaways, let me know!

So far I have three authors that have agreed to donate a shirt to this event! And I am so incredibly thankful for their generosity. I am, hopefully, planning on doing this between the months of May/June/July. Basically I would wear your shirt (or any other type of wearable swag I have) out while I am doing the things I normally do: work, school, or out with friends. I would then take pictures and post them daily or weekly. I think one post with all 30 pictures would be a little overwhelming, and then I would add in links to Facebook pages/synopsis/covers, ect. 

The six shirts I already have are:

Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens
Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens
Pulse of Heroes by AJ Sweeney
The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
Fallen by Lauren Kate
The Keepers by Monique O'connor James

Actually, make that seven, because I just bought one for Dragon Wings by DC Grace!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this/and/or respond to it! Any other bloggers that would like to participate, I encourage it!


Happy Reading!
Kristina

P.S- I can always change the month to two weeks, and shoot for a month a few months later!


8 comments:

  1. the only book tee i have is Pandora's Box by Gracen Miller and i won't wear it because its white and i have 3 boys lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I can't wait to see your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine, I can donate a Phoenix Agency shirt. And I can send you a copy of the graphic on it. CAn you email me at desireeholt@desireeholt.com?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this sounds like a great idea. I would love to participate. Send me an email at shielas@shaw.ca
    I have a shop where I showcase my book covers and abd other promo on shirts, cups, hats and so much more. http://www.cafepress.ca/shielastewart

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love this idea. <3 I wanna get myself some more shirts to support authors also. <3 ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I reposted it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have inspired me to create a shirt of my series! I will gladly send you one :) Jamie Magee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool idea! This is my cafe press store for A Touch Mortal/A Touch Morbid! http://www.cafepress.com/mortalportal If you click the categories there are different designs too! Also Cafepress is having a 35% off sale this weekend if you use the code Fool35

    ReplyDelete