pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Her Guardian Angel by Felicity Heaton


Synopsis:

A simple mission becomes a fight for survival in this fantastic instalment in the Her Angel series.

A guardian angel dedicated to his duty, Marcus will do whatever Heaven asks of him, but even his loyalty has its limits. When his superior orders him to gain Amelia’s trust through seduction, Marcus starts to question his mission and his feelings for the beautiful woman he has watched over since her birth.

Amelia has gone from one bad relationship to another, so when a gorgeous guy moves in next door looking like Mr Right, she hopes he doesn’t turn out to be another black knight in disguise. But there’s more to Marcus than meets the eye, and when he rescues her from three demonic men, Amelia is thrust into his nightmarish world—a world where God and the Devil exist, and only one angel can save her from death—Marcus, the angel she’s falling in love with.

On the run from demonic angels and the Devil himself, aided by Marcus’s angel friends and their amazing women, fighting for survival against the odds, Marcus and Amelia discover a love that will last forever.

A love so strong it will shake Heaven and Hell.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I saw that Felicity was looking for people to review her latest angel story, I jumped at the chance and left her a comment saying that I was interested. Angels have been my favorites lately, so I was very excited when Felicity sent me a PDF copy of the story. I started it right away.

My Review:

Looking for a smokin' hot angel book? Look no further!

Her Guardian Angel is book four in the series, but the great thing about this series is that the books can be read as stand alone and in any order. This is the first book I have read of Felicity's and let me tell you, it will not be the last!

I tore through this over four hundred page book in about six hours, staying up until after midnight to finish it! I layed in bed all day, refusing to put it down unless it was absolutely necessary. I loved it!

I've been reading a lot of young adult books lately, and while I love them, they are often short of the hot and swoon worthy moments. I wanted a book that I would fall in love with. This book gave me exactly what I had been craving and more. Felicity has created a brilliant original story, that you can tell took time and research. The way she describes Heaven and Hell is incredible. I loved the main ones as well as the minor ones. Their emotions were palpabe and I felt that I could relate to some of them. Marcus, the tortured Guardian that doesn't like being away from Heaven and Amelia the strong, sassy human are the perfect match.

The book is filled with mystery, action, romance, and plenty of twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end of the novel. I love how the characters travel. I find it makes a book more interesting when they aren't in the same place the entire time. The dialog is great, the descriptions are fabulous, and the cover is sexy! What more could you want?

This is one book that I would gladly buy the paperback version of just so I could put it on my bookshelf. *adds to favorites*

No comments:

Post a Comment