pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Thursday, September 27, 2012

When Someone You Love Has a Chronic Illness Nurture Book Tour






Do you have a writing pattern (place, time, etc.) that you follow each day or does the writing decide what type of day it will be?

I have never been too obsessional about when or how I write.  I know for some writers, being very detailed about what they do is vital to their craft.  This has never worked well for me.  I take notes about ideas whenever they strike me and I write when I can.  I work full-time, so writing often takes place in the morning or late in the day.  I find that my patients often inspire me to think about things in a way that I have not thought of before.  This can keep me up way too late when trying to integrate what my patients are telling me!

That said, I am much more creative in the morning.  When I write at night, it is often to digest something from my day.  Though my ideas may involve patients, my blog writing is often influenced by events in the media. That involves being aware of current events, digesting what I think about them, and then writing when I feel passionate about something.  For books, it is a much slower process.  Books require a more complete synthesis of knowledge and ideas. For me, book ideas are much slower to accumulate.  I don’t pressure myself.  Especially after one book has come out, I understand it takes a while to come up with other ideas for the next project. Writing is a complex craft that takes time, patience, and energy.  I write when I can, and try to be understanding with myself when I can’t write!


Synopsis:
Dr. Tamara Greenberg offers hope and practical advice to those impacted by a loved one’s chronic illness. Providing easy-to-understand explanations for complicated feelings and behaviors, this book will help you not just cope, but thrive in your day-to-day life. Learn the important tools you need to help lighten the burden we all feel when someone we love is ill.


Author Bio:
Tamara McClintock Greenberg, Psy.D., M.S., a licensed clinical psychologist, works with patients and family members affected by acute or chronic illness. She is an associate clinical professor and clinical supervisor at the University of California, San Francisco Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute. Dr. Greenberg has written three books and numerous chapters and articles on aging, illness, as well as issues pertaining to women. She writes for Psychology Today online and The Huffington Post. She also speaks to medical, psychological, and public audiences on the impact of illness, caregiving issues, and dealing with the modern medical system as a patient or loved one. She is in private practice in San Francisco.
Greenberg earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology at Hamline University in Minnesota and was awarded the prestigious Jacob Markovitz Memorial Scholarship to continue in the doctoral program at the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology. She graduated in 1997 with a doctorate in clinical psychology with a speciality in clinical health psychology.

Giveaway:

One lucky commenter will win an ebook copy of Tamara's book! Be sure to leave your email address and follow the blog to qualify. (put GFC or name used for following in the comment)

Happy Reading!
Kristina






No comments:

Post a Comment