pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Monday, May 20, 2013

Review: Burning Sage by Deena Remiel!

Sage Wilcot, an accomplished scientist, has set her sights on her lifelong obsession, studying the volcanos of the island of Santorini. Once there, though, she gets more than she bargained for. The dormant volcano is waking and shaking things up in the process.
An enigmatic stranger—from a mythical ancient city—comes to her rescue and challenges her to believe in the unbelievable. Will she take the huge leap of faith for love’s sake or stay cloistered in her fortress of certainty and solitude?







My name is Deena Remiel, and I am an author of paranormal romance, urban an dark fantasy, and poetry. I also teach language arts to middle schoolers. Curiously, I find myself writing all sorts of correspondence for my family and friends, but they are everything to me, and frequently serve as fodder for elements of my novels, poems, and posts. They take it all in stride, though, and with good humor. So, it's really a perfect give and take relationship! I belong to RWA national and the Desert Rose Chapter of RWA, where there are outstanding people writing fabulous stories.
I grew up in Philadelphia, home of the most amazing cheese steaks, soft pretzels, oh and the Liberty Bell. It was incredible to be living there during its Bicentennial celebration. My husband and I began our own family in New Jersey, and just a few short years ago, Arizona called to my spirit and tempted my husband with much better weather! We moved our family, and the rest is history, or the present, as the case may be!
These are a few of my favorite things: writing and reading of course, chocolate, music with lyrics or melodies that speak to me, soaking baths, singing in the shower, dancing with my buds, romantic dancing with my hubbie, scrapbooking, watching my girls enjoy what they love to do, and laughing at jokes. Visit my website for the latest news and available books: www.deenaremiel.com.






Deena has outdone herself with Burning Sage. It is the PERFECT story. I LOVED it. It's like a fairy tale meets mythology meets modern age! Deena has the ability to draw readers in and mesmerize them with her beautiful stories. There's an unbelievable amount of magic in her words that creates the most amazing stories imaginable. There's a beautiful passion that translates into her writing- and you can see it in the story.

Burning Sage combines a couple with sizzling chemistry- a smart and feisty heroine that knows her stuff and an Atlantian prince that took me to swoonsville- and a wonderful plot combined with a very unique setting that is a wonder all on its own! When they come together it's like it's fate, amazing and wonderful.

Normally I'm not a fan of short stories because sometimes they are lacking what you want in a full length story, but that's not the case with Burning Sage. You get all you could possibly want and more.

I can't wait for the next book in this series! Do yourself a favor and pick this one up.


“My sweet, sweet Sage. My princess.” He eased her back to lie on the soft earth and hovered above her, his piercing gaze telling her she would be his cherished love.
Ohhhmmmyyygaaawwwddd.
*faints*

5/5



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Kristina! I'm so glad this story satisfies your romance needs. I was asked to write an alpha male. I think Emmanouel fit the bill, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete