pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Shades of Pink Promo & Interview!


As you may know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Last year, the first Shades of Pink event raised over $10.000 through more than 1300 donations!

For our second year, 22 authors have allied for 1 cause: fundraising for research. Their gift to everyone who makes a donation? A romance anthology (ebook) titled Shades of Pink (volume 2), totaling almost 150.000 words / about 400 pages as a PDF.

The suggested donation is $5. Funds are raised via Stayclassy.org and all proceeds go directly to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Readers can also donate to the charity organization of their choice (with a focus on breast cancer) and email their receipt to receive their copy of the anthology in either PDF, ePub or mobi (kindle).

Who: Catherine Bowman, Mitzi Calderone, Vivien Dean, JJ and TA Ellis, Sabrina Garie, Nina Day Gerard, T. Hammond, Susan Harris, Laura Hunsaker, Kallysten, Amara Lebel, Alicia J. Love, Deelylah Mullin, C. Deanne Rowe, Cynthia Sax, DJ Shaw, Alice Stark, Ashley Suzanne, Gill Taber, Natasza Waters, Zoe York, Angela Yseult

When: Now through November 15th.

What: 22 short stories, including…
·      4 paranormal, 1 sci-fi, 11 contemporary, 1 historical, 2 military, 3 BDSM, 2 YA (some stories have more than one genre)
·      3 spicy (ménage or kink), 7 sexy (explicit sex scenes), 12 sweet (no sex)
·      A couple of vampires, about three dozen humans including soldiers, geeks, teachers, librarians, writers, survivors, bosses, rock stars, teens, mages, wives, husbands and fiancés, 1 succubus, 1 genie, a few aliens, some werewolves and other shifters.
·      Pink, pink and more pink, including tattoos, plenty of flowers, precious stones, jewelry, a bookmark, a drawing, ropes, lingerie, a car, a bag, a vase, various clothes, an anteater and a squirrel.

Here you’ll find links to teasers for the stories, interviews of the authors and blog posts during all of October, a FAQ, and of course the link where you can donate and help this worthy cause.



Tell my fans a little bit about yourself and your books.

I am a married mother of 2 little girls Aubrey who is 6 and Camia who is 3. I love to read and crochet. My books are from the heart the one book I have out already is called You Were There. Its about some good and bad times in my life and how my mom was always there for me no matter what.

How would you introduce your books to someone that has yet to read them?

That’s a great question. I would say would you like to know how a mothers love and heartache can still make her smile and shine.

What inspired you to start writing? What age did you start?


My mother and my children inspired me to share my love for them with everyone. I started writing at a young age but would stop for awhile then start back up. 


What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?

I love to read and crochet in my spare time when I am not homeschooling my daughters or doing my own studies.

What advice would you give to an aspiring author?


I would tell them never give up on your dreams, you may think you don’t fit in and that maybe so however don’t change to make people happy write what your feel you should write and don’t stress about the small stuff.

What’s your favorite scene/line from your works? It would have to be the poem called You Were

There and that is in my book You Were There.

What's the hardest thing about writing? The easiest?


Hardest thing about writing is wondering will my readers like this, should I change it etc. Easiest is coming up with ideas.

What are you currently reading?


Garage Sale Stalker by Suzi Weinert

What are you currently working on?


I am working on Areibus book one due to come out next year sometime.


What books did you read as a child?

I LOVED Mercer Mayer books I still read them to this day. My daughters love them.

How has your life changed since you began writing? 


It has changed as I have meet friends who will last a life time and am allowing people to read my work when normally I tried to keep it to myself.

Do you listen to music while you write?

Sometimes, normally I hear my girls playing.

What's been your favorite moment as an author? 


When I see my books being shared.

Out of all of your characters, who is your favorite?


Areibus she is a strong willed young lady.

What do you want readers to take away from your books?


That no matter what even in the hard times someone out there loves and cares about you.

You’re stranded on a desert island. What books do you take with you? 

My kindle and pray I can find an outlet that works to charge it lol.

What book(s) do you wish you would have written?

Just the ones I have written and the ones I am working on. I don’t wish I wrote anything anyone else wrote as I think they did it perfectly.

Favorite book character?

 From the books I have read my favorite character would have to be Maddie Springer from Gemma Halliday books.

What is your dream vacation destination?

A cabin in the woods with my husband and I for a few days away.

Do you have any interesting dreams or goals?

My goal is to learn all I can and to share my love for crocheting, reading and writing with others.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I see me having a few more books out and a crochet store up and running.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Where can fans find you? Facebook. I am always online

https://www.facebook.com/mitzicalderone4387

No comments:

Post a Comment