pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Author Interview & Review: Kay Phoenix!


Tell my fans a little bit about yourself and your books.
I write contemporary and paranormal romances, with a mild to medium heat level. I believe in the healing and therapeutic power of love. Many of my characters have been through dark circumstances that have shaped or altered their views in a negative way. My stories center on my characters finding their way back to happiness and love.

How would you introduce your books to someone that has yet to read them?
My stories are like spices–some are light, some are more intense, and all are unique.

What inspired you to start writing? What age did you start?
I started writing poetry when I was very young, inspired by a wild jackrabbit that sat under my chair one time while camping.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
I love hiking, camping and exploration. I’m also a photographer and belong to several local artists groups and exhibit my photos at galleries throughout the year.

What advice would you give to an aspiring author?
Find a writing group to attend either in person or online. Don’t assume that a good story will get you where you want to be, you have to learn about the business aspect of writing.

What’s your favorite scene/line from your works?
“I’m sorry I threw up on your boyfriend.” From a work-in-progress called “The Zookeeper”.

What's the hardest thing about writing? The easiest?
The hardest thing are the time constraints, but the easiest is the actual writing.

What are you currently reading?
“Reading the Signs” by Angela Forister.

What are you currently working on?
I’m working with an editor on a contemporary book called “Steele and Stone”. I will announce the release date as soon as I know.

What books did you read as a child?
All of them.

How has your life changed since you began writing?
It’s way more complicated! When I have free time (as if?), it involves “work”. Plus, I’ve found that people generally don’t think being an author is a valid profession unless you’re someone they’ve heard of.

Do you listen to music while you write?
No. But I have a constant soundtrack in my head.

What's been your favorite moment as an author?
It’s always when I’m writing and the story takes on a life of its own, especially when the characters go places I hadn’t planned on them going.

Out of all of your characters, who is your favorite?
A safari guide named Johnathan in a work-in-progress called “Under the Granite Lies”.

 What do you want readers to take away from your books
Hope! I want my readers to feel uplifted and hopeful, not just about love, but about other subjects that some of my books deal with.

You’re stranded on a desert island. What books do you take with you?
A scrapbook of family photos, a book on survival techniques and a sketchbook (and pencils).

What book(s) do you wish you would have written?
I wish I’d already written all the ones inside my head because it’s torture having them in there wanting to get out. I’m doing it as fast as I can.

Favorite book character?
James Alexander Malcom MacKenzie Fraser from” Outlander”.

What is your dream vacation destination?
A photo safari in Kenya.

Do you have any interesting dreams or goals?
I’d like to adopt an older child someday.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
I’ll have at least four or five more books out by then, be plugging them, attending conferences, and perfecting my craft. I look forward to all of the adventures!

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
“Life as a Weirdness Magnet”

Where can fans find you?
http://kayphoenix.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/KayPhoenixAuthor


Borealis Ardor is a very fast read that starts off slightly confusing. I think it will be a good introduction to the paranormal romance series that will follow the events in the novella. There is a good amount of mystery in the novella along with some paranormal and romance aspects. I really liked the ending and am intrigued to find out more about the characters and our MCs returned memories along with the things her father does.


No comments:

Post a Comment