pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Monday, June 4, 2012

Author interview with H.A. Caine!


First off, can you tell everyone a little bit more about yourself?
Thank you for having me here. I just finished high school not that long ago and am doing my absolute best of pursuing my dreams of becoming a writer and myabe, hopefully (crosses fingers) one day opening my own bakery. 


What age did you start writing? What inspired you to start? 
 I've written my whole life. It started out as little poems butas I grew up, my writing matured with me. I'm glad to say that I can now stick with a story and write, write, write.


Tell us about your book. 
 July of last year I released my first ever book, From Love and Pain. Its a gay Romance based around one man's struggle to overcome his fears and the scars childhood abuse has left on him, all while he is fighting to save the life of the man he loves and left from the man who abused him.
Second Time Around comes out at the end of May and is a short fluffy gay romance. As the title states, it is about second chances and misunderstanding being corrected.


How many books will be in the series? Do you have any other books planned that you'd like to write?
Originally, I never planned for From Love and Pain to be a series. That said, after hearing back from many of my readers, I will say that I am taking the idea in consideration and will think about writing the stories for the rest of Adrian's team.

What are you currently working on? 
Right now, I am working on a series, Boys in Love. It's based on family, bonds and love. No matter what else may be going on in the stories, those will be the main factors.


What is the best and worst part about being an author?
 I would have to say the best part is hearing back from your readers and having the opportunity to talk to them. The worst would be having so many new ideas in your head and not being able to get them all out as fast as you may wish to.
Are there any specific things you have to have while you write? 
 I need QUIET! I am oh so easily distracted and that is terrible. Unless I am so into my screen, that everything else disappears, I will be distracted by the smallest things and this seriously cuts into my writing time.


Do you have a certain place/time you write? 
My bedroom. I do my best writing in the middle of the night, curtains drawn, surrounded by silence.


What do you do when you're not writing? 
Oh that's easy. I bake! If I am not reading or writing, there's a pretty good chance that I am baking. Those are my only real passions and I enjoy them immensely.


Do you read all the reviews about your books?  
Yes. It doesn't matter if it's a good or bad review, although I do prefer good ones. I look as bad reviews as readers tellingme what I have to improce on and I do my absolute best to keep their critiques in mind when I write.


What is the nicest thing a fan has ever done or said? 
This was a 5star review. Now that said, it's more that this woman enjoyed  the book that I love, not that she gave it 5stars, although I am grateful ;) :

"This book was absolutely wonderful! A must read for anybody looking for a sweet,sexy,hot,adventurous read. I can't wait to see what this author puts out next." -Goodreads review




Do you have any advice for aspiring authors like myself? 
Keep at it. It's hard but in the end, all your hard work pays off after that first reader who tells you how much they enjoyed your book. Really, it's worth it all.
Describe yourself in three words:
Quirky, wierd, different (lol)


Color?
Black, geen, purple, neons


Food?
Pizza and mozzerella sticks


If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
 Greece would be my starting point but I want to do a lot of traveling.


Where can fans find you?
 Author Links
Twitter: @H_ACaine




Thanks so much for allowing me to interview you! :)


Blurb:  29 year old Adrian ran away from an imprisoning and abusive household at the age of 19. For years he ran, living on the streets and in shelters, taking crappy jobs to save a little money. Ten years of struggling and now he is a successful partner of a security company. Under the guise of running the security company, Adrian and his best friend and the people who work for them help others who live unfortunately. Like Adrian, not one of his employees have a nice past. They're all running from something, never letting their guards down and they don't want others to suffer as they have. But Adrian makes the mistake of falling in love with a young man when he's 27. For a while, he gets to experience what it's like to be a normal man. He never thought he could be happy, but Jaxon makes him the happiest man in the world. Only it can't last and Adrian is forced to leave or risk Jaxon's life. But his demons caught up with him long before he realized and now no ones safe. Can Adrian save Jaxon before it's too late? And can Jaxon forgive him for walking away?



Happy Reading!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment