pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Highlander's Bride by Deborah Gafford Review!


Synopsis:
Highlander's Bride Fiery Highland beauty, Katherine Gordon, wants only one thing: to escape from of the marriage suddenly arranged for her by her parents-marriage to a man she knows nothing about. She's determined to marry a man who will love her with his whole heart and who she will love as wildly in return-the way her father and her mother love each other. And she's certain that man is not the rough, arrogant Highlander to whom she finds herself betrothed. . Alexander MacGregor is a warrior born and bred, with the wide, muscular shoulders of a man who practices with a broadsword every day and the arrogance of a soldier who fears nothing.save his father's sudden order that he must marry the Lady Katherine, when duty has bound him to another course. Nether Katherine nor Alexander know that danger is stalking Katherine, danger only their marriage will avert...if it's not already too late

My Review:


A big thank you to the author for providing a review copy and allowing me to review it!

Highlander's Bride is the first book I've read from Deborah, and she is a wonderful story teller. Her descriptions are vivid. The dialogue is incredible. It's easy to see that that aspect alone took a lot of time and effort, giving the book a feel that is both authentic and genuine. Plus, there is a glossary in the back of the book for words you may not know! That said, most of the stuff is easy to translate. By the end of the story I felt like talking like a Scott and visiting the beautiful place that is Scotland!

Another great addition to the story was the French addition. I felt that along with the amazing Scottish dialogue, the bits of French here and there really strengthened the story and made it even more enjoyable.

The story is a fast and enjoyable read filled with romance, action, and lots of drama. There is never a dull moment throughout the tale. The characters are both interesting and aggravating at times. The reason for four stars instead of five is that I felt like there was just a little too much back and forth between them. Despite that, I think the two main characters still had great chemistry together during the romantic moments of the novel.

Highlander's Bride has a wonderfully sweet ending that had me smiling. I just love a happy ending. Once the tale was over I realized I'd really miss Alexander and Kathrine. As with every good story, I wish there was more, but maybe there will be a sequel at some point in time. Along with liking the main characters, I found several of the minor characters very likable as well. William, Alexander's younger brother, and Monique, Katherine's mother being two I especially loved.

I look forward to reading more from Mrs. Gafford. I thoroughly enjoyed her take on a Scottish romance. :)


4/5


Happy Reading!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment