pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Friday, October 26, 2012

Lucky 13 by Morgan Kearns Review!


Synopsis:
Tragedy made it possible for Enrique Santiago to take over as Left Fielder for the Las Vegas Rockets. 
Talent keeps him there, giving him everything a guy could want. 
Except a woman to share it with. 

A painful past with one very prominent reminder 
molded Shayne Xavier into the woman she is. 
She isn’t bitter or jaded, though. She’s a realist. 
Men can’t be depended upon and only lead to 
broken promises and shattered hearts. 

Unaware of the demons of her past, Ricky tries to offer strength 
as Shayne’s life spins out of control. 
Sometimes Happily-Ever-After is too good to be true. 
Will Shayne and Ricky ever be able to restore the luck of his Lucky 13?

My Review:
Big thanks to Morgan for providing the ARC for review! <3

Lucky 13, the 4th installment in Morgan Kearns Deadlines and Diamonds series, is a book that has been highly anticipated by many. Ever since finishing book three in July I've been ravenous for more. Lucky 13  exceeded my expectations and deserves the hype it's been getting from Morgan's fans and more. Because once again Mrs. Kearns tops her previous work, but that's no surprise since we're dealing with the Queen of Contemporary! Lucky 13 made me feel deeper, stronger emotions and completely captured my heart.

Enrique "Ricky" Santiago is every woman's dream! Loving, devoted, handsome, charming, rich, baseball player...let's not forget the tattoos either. Though he may be every woman's dream, he still has his flaws. Shayne Xavier fits nicely with him because her life is falling apart. Despite everything that has happened, and is happening, she's strong.That's what I admire most about her. Second is that she's a great mom. (Her relationship with Matt is so sweet.) Their chemistry, while it's passionate, was stronger in the sense that it was so much sweeter and beautiful. They fit together like two puzzle pieces. Matt is great in the story, too. He made me laugh a lot and has some great scenes with Ricky! All of our favorite characters make appearances. One of my favorite scenes involves Emma Pierce. What a hoot!

Like all of Morgan's books, you'll experience a range of emotions. Smiles and laughter are quickly followed up by tears.Chapters are so filled with action and high running emotions that they'll leave you drained for a time. The book is a roller coaster ride. When I got to the last few chapters I made myself put the book down because I did not want to leave these characters so soon.

I feel that Morgan's writing has strengthened even more in this book. She throws a few darker scenes into the story; a few of these that freaked me out, but did wonders for the story line! It not only strengthened the plot, but made the story that much more powerful! Kudos!

If you haven't picked up Lucky 13, or any of the other books in the Deadlines and Diamond series, I highly recommend that you do. Morgan is a wonderful storyteller, with stories that are touching, realistic, suspenseful, romantic, funny, and more. Everything you could want in a great book/series.

Lucky 13 is my new favorite in the series. All I can say is...

Bring on book 5!

5/5

Happy Reading,
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment