pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review for Creatura by Nely Cab



Synopsis:

When seventeen year-old Isis Martin is having trouble sleeping due to perturbing dreams of a horrific growling beast, she decidesto confront her fear. But what Isis discovers is something other than a menacing entity.The human-like creature offers Isis assurance that he is not a figmentof her imagination. Unwilling to accept his avowal, Isis sets his wordsto contest by asking the entity to prove himself - a dare, he readily welcomes.It is in her dreams that Isis innocently stumbles upon the silent existence of the divine lineage of those that man has long forgotten.In a quaint town, deep in south Texas, this story leads Isis onto the path of impermissible love and captivating life-changing truths. Isis Martin's journey is sure to leave any reader ravenous for more.

My Review:


I'm struggling with finding the words to write this review, that it how good this book is. 

Creatura is a magical tale of true love, friendship, family, and a has fresh and unique spin on deities. It is full of action, suspense, and swoon worthy romance. I LOVED IT! It's one of those books that you literally cannot put down because it hooks you in and doesn't let you go until you finish it. I guarantee I'll be thinking about it for the next few days. 

The writing is amazing! Nely has such a distinct voice. It is something that really sets this book apart from others. The writing is very intelligent, but not complicated so that people do not understand what's being said. David's dialog is exquisite. I fell in love with him because of the almost Shakespearean way he spoke. 

All the characters are great too (even the minor ones). Isis is a character that you'd like to be friends with it she was real. She's very mature for her age, stubborn, and she's not your typical teenager. She is incredibly strong as far as heroine's of the YA genre go, and I enjoyed the relationship she had with her mother. I found her to be very similar to myself, and that helped me relate to and love the book even more. (Hello, she likes Green Day!) David-oh, David. I fell in love with him right away. He's chivalrous, protective, smart, and incredibly charming-basically every girls dream guy. Can I have a David clone, please? I loved his poetry throughout the novel. Their love story was beautiful. One day I hope to find a love as wonderful as theirs. Their chemistry was palpable, and the fact that the tension had built up for a while really made fireworks go off when the moment finally came for them to be together.  It wasn't rushed and it was believable. That's another thing I loved about the book. The pacing was just right.  I was actually sad when the novel ended because I became attached to the characters as I read their story.



The setting is fantastic too! I'm a Texas girl, myself, and Nely is as well, so she tells Texas like it is. I love the fact that the house David lives in is an actual place, a beautiful place, and that Nely shows pictures of it to her fans on her fan page. Plus, I love the cover! :)

Creatura is one of the best books I've read so far in 2012. I cannot wait until the next book comes out because of the cliff-hanger at the end of the book! Seriously, when will book two be out? I'm dying over here! 

I encourage you to pick up this book if you are looking for a magnificent love story with a paranormal twist! 



5/5


Happy Reading!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment