pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

Author interview with Lucy-Anne Smith!

Today on the blog I have author Lucy-Anne Smith! Enjoy the cover/blurb for her book Betrayal and the interview!


Blurb:
Life in the English suburbs has always been boring and loveless for Bethenny Anne Dempsey. When her sister Samantha returns from America with tall, tanned new boyfriend Russell in tow, Beth's life no longer seems so dull.


The Californian stirs forbidden desires within her. Desires that would surely destroy her family. Desires upon which she and Russell must not act.
Fleeing to a Swiss ski resort, Beth tries desperately to purge her heart, body and mind of Russell. 

While there, she throws herself headlong into a rebound romance whose final destination, Beth hopes, will be the altar.
But, Beth and Russell's desperate yearning for one another ignites a firestorm of deceit that threatens to consume their entire world.


Will Beth be left being the one who commits the worst betrayal of all?

Interview:



First off, can you tell everyone a little bit more about yourself?
   --- My name is Lucy , as you probably know.  I'm 34 years old and I live in Bristol, England. I have a boyfriend called John, we have been together for 7 and 1/2 years and I have 4 wonderful children, Megan who's 14, Joe who's 12, Ben who's 11 and Belle who's 3

What age did you start writing? What inspired you to start?
---I started writing at the tender age of 7 and my first really story was about 10 exercise pages long, and I was very proud of it (as I never stick to anything long). I have always enjoyed to write but the story that gave me the kick up the bum to finish an actual full sized novel, was The Twilight Saga. I know it's not the greatest book, but I fell in love with character, Edward Cullen. From there the rest is history, as they say.

Tell us about your book(s)?
   ---Well at the moment I only have the one out , but I do have another 2 in the pipe line. This one is a romance but the other two are paranormal romance. It's a love triangle, of sorts. Bethenny and Sam are sisters and Sam comes back from being abroad for a year. She brings her new boyfriend , who's called Russell and Russell and Bethenny begin to fall for each other. Things begin to spiral from there.

Are your characters based on people you know?
   --- Well when I wrote it, the main male protagonist was based on the lead singer of 'The Red Hot Chili Peppers' because I think he is gorgeous but other than that, not really. The only other names are of Beth's friends who are  named after my children.

Are any of your characters a lot like you?
   ---I suppose Beth has a little of me in her character, but basically they are all their own creation. 

Do you listen to music while you write? Do you have playlists for your books?
   --- Yes I always listen to music when I write, otherwise I can't concentrate. My playlist consists of: Muse, fight star, linkin park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Breaking Benjamin, you me at six and a few other bands that can bring some spice.

What are you currently working on?
   ---There are three that I am currently working on. 
   1)  Enough Darkness To See. Which Is a Paranormal romance with a twist.
   2) Sacred Fear. Which is a vampire romance.
   The 3rd is a diary type book about how I'm coping with the death of my dad. Everything I make from it will go to Pancreatic Cancer 
   UK. 

Are there any specific things you have to have while you write?
   --- My music, peace and quiet and a drink.
Do you have a certain place/time you write?
   ---I write in my living room, even though it's the busiest room in the house. I tend to write when I can, as my day can get pretty hectic. 

What do you do when you're not writing?
    ---I love, love, love to read. I also do crafts ie. knitting, crochet, cross stitch etc. I find this relaxing but at the moment we are getting some together for a charity fair in the summer for PCUK again. 

Do you read all the reviews about your books?  
   --- Well, at the moment I haven't got any but as soon as my book is out I will be reading every single one, good or bad, as I think I could learn a lot from them.

Tell us about your journey to get published?
   --- I tried sending my manuscript out to traditional publishers, but everyone came back. I would scan the internet every day, at every hour. Then I came across an ebook publishers called Xyno books. I sent in my manuscript and within a week they got back to me, with an acceptance. It felt like all my hard work had paid off.

Do you read? Who is your favorite author?
   ---Yes I read a lot! It's my joint first thing to do. I have so many authors that I like, Charlaine Harris, Felicity E. Heaton,  J.K. Rowling, Rachel Caine, Cecelia Ahern, Stephen King, Cassandra Clare, Lynsay Sands, Daivid Eddings, J. R. Ward and many more.
Do you have any advice for aspiring authors like myself?
   ---Never give up. It's a long journey, but you will get there if you want it badly enough. Random questions: 
Favorite band? Red Hot Chili Peppers and fightstar
Movie? The outsiders
Color? Red   
Food? Anything spicy
  What''s the one question that hasn't been asked yet, but you like to be asked?

   ---When's my book out. It's out this month, hopefully. 

Where can fans find you?

   --- At my Facebook pages:  http://www.facebook.com/lucyas
                                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Betrayal-novel/238437106167412
       My goodreads profile:    http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6118026
       My twitter account:       https://twitter.com/#!/lucyannesmith1

     Anything else you like to tell everyone?
  --- Just that I hope that you buy my book and If you do then I hope that you enjoy it and come back for more.
                                         
                                          Lucyxx. 

Happy Reading!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment