pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Author Interview Daniele Lanzarotta!


Tell my fans a little bit about yourself and your books.

My name is Daniele Lanzarotta and I love reading and writing paranormal novels. I’m the author of young adult and new adult novels, including the Academy of the Fallen Series, Imprinted Souls Series and A Mermaid’s Curse Trilogy.

How would you introduce your books to someone that has yet to read them?

My first series was the Imprinted Souls Series, which is a vampire series with a heavy focus on reincarnation, blood ties, and destiny. One of my characters from this series is a vampire-fallen angel hybrid who really sparked my interest in fallen angels. That is when I started writing the Academy of the Fallen Series.

The concept of the Academy of the Fallen is that with so many angels falling, there were very few angels left to protect the human world. The Academy is the place where they get a second chance, mostly by protecting haunted kids/teens from demons and ghosts.

And then, there is the Mermaid’s Curse, which takes place mostly in the human world. This trilogy is full of romance and drama!


What inspired you to start writing? What age did you start?


I have always enjoyed writing, but didn’t take it seriously until I was 28. I started writing fan-fictions at first, but soon realized that I needed my own characters and was eager to create new worlds. That is when I sat down and wrote my first book.  



What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
Reading, watching movies, watching hockey games…


What advice would you give to an aspiring author?

Write everyday and write what you love.


What’s your favorite scene/line from your works?

I really dislike this question. *laughs* I feel like all my favorite scenes give something away, but here is one of my favorite lines, which is from Bloodlust – Imprinted Souls Series 2: “"Bloodlust – the disease that makes us the monsters we are known to be; it is what wipes away the last of our humanity."

What's the hardest thing about writing? The easiest?
The hardest thing is probably to let go of some characters. I get too attached. The easiest is falling in love with new characters and letting them take over the story. 


What are you currently reading?

Burned by Karen Marie Moning.

What are you currently working on?
A young adult novel called Sudden Hope.



What books did you read as a child?
I don’t remember having much time to read as a child, well, besides books for school. I remember having huge science books. *shivers* I do remember reading Dracula.


How has your life changed since you began writing? 

It’s definitely busier. I get to travel more and visit new places, and my favorite part… meeting new readers!

Do you listen to music while you write? 

Always!



Out of all of your characters, who is your favorite?

I have so many favorites! I can’t answer this question. *laughs* But one of my top favorites is Nicholas from my vampire series. He is so sarcastic and so much fun to write.

You’re stranded on a desert island. What books do you take with you?
The Hunger Games Trilogy and The Edge of Never.

What book(s) do you wish you would have written?
Gone with the Wind.

What is your dream vacation destination?
Italy

Do you have any interesting dreams or goals?
I have a few… One is that I want to write about as many different supernatural beings as possible.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
Still writing, but hopefully producing movies too.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Hmm ‘The Ninja’ Ha. I tend to overload my schedule. People often ask how I get so much stuff done and I say it’s because I’m on ninja mode.



Book 1 is currently FREE:
http://www.amazon.com/Insatiable-Mermaids-Curse-Daniele-Lanzarotta-ebook/dp/B00BRNGFK8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1435514033&sr=1-1

Arianna always felt like she didn't belong in the world where she was born. Ever since she was little, she used to hide behind the rocks in the sea, and watch the human family who spent their summers on that island. Over the years, there was nothing she wished more than to be like them, especially so she could get close to Blake, the human boy who she saw turn into a troubled teenager and then, an unhappy man. Once her dad grew tired of her dreams and hopes for a reality that is not her own, Arianna is thrown into an arranged marriage, and her only way out of it is to make a deal with the power-hungry man who will give her everything that she has ever dreamed of. Dreams that turn into nightmares as she watches Blake's world fall apart, because of her and Blake's inability to control their desires for one another.


Book 1: 
http://www.amazon.com/Wide-Awake-Academy-Fallen-Book/dp/B00B91HQPG/ref=la_B003U1KC40_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1435513872&sr=1-5

Kayla is a 16-year-old girl who was adopted when she was little. She lives a normal life, with great friends, loving adoptive parents, and well...a not-so-great boyfriend. But the reason why she was given up for adoption was far from any usual reason. She was meant to be kept away from the Academy and anything else related to the supernatural beings that could hurt her.
Unfortunately for Kayla, it was only a matter of time before she encountered the creatures from the Otherworld, and there is just no running away from the beings that she can now see. In trying to protect Kayla by keeping her away from the Academy, she may have just been put in even more danger.

Daniele Lanzarotta is the author of paranormal/fantasy novels, including the Imprinted Souls Series, Academy of the Fallen, and Mermaid's Curse. 

She has a bachelor's in business and finance and a MBA. With only a few semesters left in school, Daniele started writing as a hobby, but it didn't take long for her to be consumed by her stories. That is her passion, and she now has several projects under way. 

She enjoys reading and writing young adult novels with just about any sort of paranormal or supernatural bent...vampires... ghosts... She also enjoys watching hockey, playing rock band, guitar hero and spending time with the family.

http://www.danielelanzarotta.com
http://www.amazon.com/Daniele-Lanzarotta/e/B003U1KC40/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_12?qid=1435513865&sr=8-12
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorDanieleLanzarotta?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/imprintedsoulsseries?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/AcademyoftheFallen?fref=ts


No comments:

Post a Comment