pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Author Interview: Lucille Griswold!


Tell my fans a little bit about yourself and your books.
I am an individual who loves the written word.  I also enjoy working with troubled youth and use storylines in my books to highlight issues teens must deal with in society.  By highlighting these issues I hope to achieve more tolerance among individuals.

How would you introduce your books to someone that has yet to read them.

My books are proof that truth is stranger than fiction, and therefore every bit as interesting.  The books depict real life situations that coincide with the modern day world in which we live.  Instead of thinking "been there, done that" the reader walks away wondering if what is portrayed could possibly happen and in doing so they become titillated enough to want to read more.

What inspired you to start writing?  What age did you start?

I've been writing since I was a child and wrote letters to far away relatives and then in high school I was a student reporter for a newspaper.  Writing was a part of our environment, and this type of culture was my inspiration to continue writing.  I did not however write novels until much later in life.

What do you enjoy doing when you are not writing?

Well, certainly reading and then playing the piano, dancing, going to the movies - there is not much I don't like.

What advice would you give to an aspiring author?

My advice would be the same whether one aspires to be an author, or whatever field they enjoy - follow your dreams, but use practical common sense while doing so and learn how to deal with the unexpected.

What's your favorite scene/line from your works?

For me to focus on a favorite scene or quote from one of my books is like asking me to tell you my favorite child.  Perhaps what I am most proud of in my writings is the subtle advice I dispense throughout each storyline.

What's the hardest thing about writing?  The easiest?

Finding the time to write is one of the hardest things about writing that I find because I have way too many other pleasures that fill my time.  Creating a story so far has been the easiest part of writing because as I've explained before - People can look at a crowded room and see a lot of people.  I look at the people in the same room and see a story waiting to be told.

What are you currently reading?

Yesterday I finished reading Ken Follett's Edge of Eternity the last of The Century Trilogy.  Each book had about 1,000 pages of good reading.  Today I start reading another Trilogy of books about Mermaids by Daniele Lanzarotta.  My choices are eclectic!  

What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on a book about a female corporate executive.  That of course tells you nothing when you get right down to the essence of the story.

What books did you read as a child?

Little Black Sambo and Mrs. Wiggly and the Cabbage Patch to name a couple.

How has your life changed since you began writing?

My life has changed a lot since my first book, but the writing had nothing to do with the changes which were part of the natural evolution of life.  As an extension of my life, writing has only enhanced it.

Do you listen to music while you write?

No. I do not normally listen to music while I write. 

What's been your favorite moment as an author?

Outside of seeing the finished book in print is hearing from old friends that have taken a great interest in reading all of my books and carrying on marvelous long distance conversations with them.

Out of all your characters, who is your favorite?

If I must pick one, I'll say Susan Lavoie from Generations Apart.

What do you want readers to take away from your books?

Simple enjoyment, and while doing so maybe they will become educated in some common sense personality tips and learn the benefits of having compassion for one another.  Yes, this can happen while escaping in the reading of a fiction story.

You/re stranded on a desert island.  What books do you take with you?

Romance novels.  I might as well make the time pleasurable, and then an advice book on how to no longer be stranded on a desert island.
  
Favorite book character?

My favorite book character is not just one individual but any story about women who have forged a path through their suffering to make life easier for the young women of today.

What is your dream vacation destination?

Any sandy beach on the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean, the coasts of Florida or any Caribbean or Hawaiian Island.  

Do you have any interesting dreams or goals?

I feel when one strives to be a better person, anticipated goals will automatically come to them in life presented to them on a silver platter.  It also might be nice to have so much money that you could give to those in need without ever having any financial concerns.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Doing the same things I am doing today - only better.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?

Well, a book has already been written about me called Life Lived in Reverse in 2007.  Today's title might say Still Going Strong.

Where can fans find you?

http://www.lucillegriswold.com/
https://twitter.com/GriswoldLucille


No comments:

Post a Comment