pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Author Interview & Review: Faded by Chloe Miles!


“Savannah wanted to kiss him, but she had never even kissed a human guy before, let alone a ghost. How was she supposed to kiss him if he wasn’t really there?”
Savannah has never been in love before, but she’s in love with Hunter Emmerton. He’s cute, funny, charming ... and a ghost. How can you date someone if nobody else can see them?
When seventeen-year-old Savannah Fraser and her three friends are killed in a car accident, they are given a second chance at life by a group of century-old earthbound spirits who need their help.
Savannah learns she is a Chosen One, which means she can switch between human and spirit form, heal people, and control the weather—and she is also now invincible.
The Chosen Ones are the only ones who can defeat The Forces—a trio of evil half-spirits who are slowly destroying the perfect little town of Fort Everwick with violent storms and not-so-natural disasters—and stop them from harming everyone they care about.
The Forces are set on destroying everything Savannah knows and loves, but they also have a more sinister plan—they want a new member to join them. They won’t give up until they get the one they want—and they have Savannah firmly in their sights.
But what Savannah didn’t count on was falling in love with Hunter. She’s never loved anyone the way she loves Hunter, and she knows he loves her, too. But how can they be together forever if he no longer exists and she’s the only one who can see him?
Will Savannah have enough belief in herself to defeat The Forces, or will they be able to lure her to the dark side and turn her against her loved ones—and tear her and Hunter apart?


Chloe Miles is a twenty-something author, dreamer, shameless chocoholic, and hopeless romantic. 
When she's not writing or daydreaming, she loves escaping reality with her favorite playlists, eating too much chocolate, and curling up on her couch in her PJs with a good TV show and a cup of tea. The Faded Trilogy is her first series.


How would you introduce your books to someone that has yet to read them?

I wanted to write a paranormal romance that was a little different to everything else that’s already been written. I loved the idea of earthbound spirits protecting the town from evil. And, being a hopeless romantic, I loved the idea of eternal undying love, especially between two characters who are so young but whose love is so rare and beyond their years.

From the very beginning, we see that there is a definite spark there. Obviously with Hunter being a spirit and Savannah being a human, their relationship is certainly not without its difficulties and obstacles, but the message throughout the series is that true love can conquer all, even the impossible. We see their relationship blossom from nervous first glances and slightly unconventional first kisses to an extraordinarily unbreakable bond that proves that love really can conquer all.


What inspired you to start writing? What age did you start?

Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always had a vivid imagination and loved creating stories in my head. I’d always wanted to be an author or a scriptwriter, but life seemed to get in the way of those professional aspirations for a while. Then I discovered the world of indie publishing, came up with an idea for a trilogy, and here I am.


What advice would you give to an aspiring author?

Write, write, and then write some more. The more you write, you better your writing becomes. And even when you think you have perfected your art, still keep writing. You never stop learning.


What’s your favorite scene/line from your works?

“Savannah Fraser, I said I would love you forever,” he reminded her as he took both of her hands. “I don’t know how long you think forever means. But, to me, forever means forever.”


What are you currently working on?

I’m not working on any other writing projects at the moment. Promoting The Faded Trilogy is occupying all of my time, and I want to dedicate my heart and soul to ensuring its success before I move on to any other projects. You never know what may happen in the future in regards to other writing projects, but right now my heart belongs to Savannah and Hunter.


What books did you read as a child?

I adored the Harry Potter series. That’s the series that really inspired my imagination and love of reading as a kid. I honestly believe there hasn’t been and never will be another series as phenomenal as Harry Potter. 


What's been your favorite moment as an author? 

Reaching one millions reads on Wattpad and realizing that readers were connecting with the characters and the story. That really gave me a huge push forward in knowing that I was doing something right with my writing.


Out of all of your characters, who is your favorite?

Ah! I don’t know how to answer this question ... it’s like choosing a favorite child!! But if I have to choose one ... I mean, how could I not choose Hunter Emmerton? He’s dreamy and kind and gentle and hopelessly romantic. He would do anything just to see Savannah smile and keep her safe from harm. He has the selfless power to heal, and his days are spent protecting innocent strangers. (I’m still waiting for my own Hunter Emmerton to teleport himself into my life any day now.)


What do you want readers to take away from your books?

That the strongest feelings we feel aren’t always physically felt but felt wholly and powerfully within your heart. I believe there is a powerful and inspirational message behind The Faded Trilogy, and I hope that the readers will walk away from this series with a little more hope and love in their hearts.


What book(s) do you wish you would have written?

The Harry Potter series. I mean, seriously, are there any authors out there who wouldn’t want JK Rowling’s success? It seems like almost every child and adult, whether young or young at heart, has read at least one of the Harry Potter books. As an author, you couldn’t wish for anything more than that.


Where can fans find you?
I love connecting with new readers and hearing their thoughts on the series, and I can be found on Twitter @chloemiles_
Readers can also connect with the series on Goodreads and The Faded Trilogy Facebook page. 


Faded was a really good debut novel! It is one of the only ghost stories I've ever read before, so I was very intrigued from the beginning. While the beginning is slightly slow, I think it did a good job of getting the story started and introducing all of the main characters as well as the villains. Faded is an epic good versus evil story. There is a lot of action and crazy weather controlling spirits/ghosts. It's a pretty interesting ghost-tale twist. 

I love how Faded showcases a lot of different types of relationships, the bond of two sisters, best friends, and of course, there is a love interest type of relationship. The romance in Faded is really sweet and I was surprised to find out that while Faded has its really intense moments, it can also be very lighthearted at times. The flashbacks included in the story really add depth to the book and the reader can understand some of the motives of the characters and get a feel for who they have become as a result of what happened in their pasts. 

I really loved a majority of the characters. (All except for Gwen. To me, she seems a little too childish and overdramatic, but then again, she is basically the main villain and they are sometimes written not to be liked.) The fact that the story revolved around more than one person was a great feature of the story. I liked that they had to work as a team.

If you're looking for a sweet romance, action-packed, good vs evil story, you should definitely check this one out! I am very much looking forward to reading the rest of this trilogy!

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment