pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review: Finding Olivia by Micalea Smeltzer!


How far would you go to find yourself?
That’s the question that’s been haunting Olivia Owens for years.
All Olivia has ever wanted to do is live and make mistakes, but her preacher father has made that impossible. She believes that her years at college will be her ticket into the real world and her chance to be wild and spontaneous.
But she’s never been able to do it on her own.
At the start of her sophomore year, she only has four things crossed off her Live List, but that’s all about to change thanks to a chance encounter with Trace Wentworth. She’s about to learn that there’s more to this reformed bad boy than just his looks and panty dropping smile.
Trace can’t explain what it is that draws him to Olivia.
All he knows is that he wants to get to know the girl with the sad smile but sparkle in her eyes.
When she tells him about her list, he knows that this is his chance to get to know Olivia Owens. Trace is determined to show Olivia that she can do all the things she’s ever wanted to do. So, he begins to help her cross things off her list, even the more outlandish requests.
What happens along the way is more than what Olivia or Trace ever expected.
Love, laughs, and a list.
That’s the name of the game when you’re Finding Olivia.

New Adult is not a genre I've read a whole lot from, so I was pretty excited to pick this one up. I wound up liking it a whole bunch! 

The best part of this story was how it reminds me a lot of real life, which was why I liked it so much. Right off the bat, the story was really relatable to me. I am also a college student (and in the same age range as the main characters) working through a list of my own! I think the author did a great job with the main character acting her age. Olivia felt like a real college student- which I was really grateful for!

There is a lot going on in this story, but it really works in Finding Olivia. The story was never boring. Instead, it was an addictive page turner that played in my head like a movie. Finding Olivia is not just a contemporary romance. It's much more than that. The book is really deep and deals with a lot of complex issues. It's a story that is about growing up, escaping, discovering yourself, first loves and so much more! It is a great summer read!

I loved that the story revolved around Olivia's 'Live List' and her being able to complete it throughout the story. It was a really creative idea and another great aspect of the story. 

I really enjoyed all of the characters as well. Trace is every girl's dream (seriously, where can I get one for myself?), but has a bit of a troubled past. It gives him a bit of a bad boy edge that I could not resist! I loved how he rescues Olivia in the beginning. It was a great way to start the story. Olivia herself is the perfect mix of all things that make up a 20 year old girl. They have wonderful chemistry that is so sweet and beautiful, yet sexy and passionate. Avery is the perfect best friend/comedic sidekick. The two girls are girls I'd want to befriend. 

This is a great one to check out for any New Adult fan! I am happy that there are two other books in this series, including another about Trace and Olivia! I am very much looking forward to diving back into this series sometime!

Thank you to the author for providing a review copy!

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment