pages (don't edit or move)

navbar home aboutme review policy reviews

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Review: The Haunting of a Duke by Chasity Bowlin!

Communing with spirits has been both gift and curse to Emme Walters. Now it's made her a killer's target. Emme knows why the Dowager Duchess of Briarleigh invited her to a house party--to investigate whether the duke, Rhys Brammel, murdered his wife years ago. But Emme never imagined she would fall in love with the brooding duke. Branded by society as a possible killer, Rhys is suspicious of Emme and her alleged "gift." Then a late night encounter creates awareness of her other, more attractive, aspects. When Emme's life is threatened, Rhys becomes her protector. Emme and Rhys find passion and peril as they join forces to solve the mysteries at Briarleigh. She made him believe in spirits, but can she make him believe in love?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22566746-the-haunting-of-a-duke
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KZXH5D2/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00KZXH5D2&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2


Holy hell. Can I give this book six stars? Paranormal meets Historical plus romance? This genre match up is one of the most genius things I've ever read. (Paranormal and Historical are my favorite genres) After reading what the book was about, I knew instantly that I would enjoy it, but I honestly loved it way more than I thought I would, which is really saying something. This book is beyond fantastic and definitely one of the best books I've read all year.

The story is haunting and beautiful, dark, gritty and sexy, written in a lovely flowing way. It also has a fair share of mystery and suspense- an aspect that keeps your eyes glued to the pages and on the edge of your seat. It's a unique adventure with two great main characters that have quite interesting lives/pasts. I loved that Emme was a feisty medium. She has such spark despite all she has been through and all that rests on her shoulders. She made a fitting match for Rhys. The Duke is so swoon worthy and mysterious. The pair comes together in an unexpected way and I loved every second of it. Waiting was totally worth it as sparks flew with their chemistry. Throw in a good dose of sexy and sweet for all a romance lover could ever need in a story.

I haven't read many novels that fall under the Regency category, but after enjoying this one so much and being very intrigued, I will have to pick up some more! That is, after I get my hands on book two in this series!

If you are a fan of Paranormal and Historical romance, buy this book now!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment